Employment and Compensation
Partnering with our clients to manage their human capital, our employment team delivers incisive legal advice and pragmatic solutions to both our local and multinational clients on all aspects of employment law.
We offer strong, consistent and solutions-based advice and do not follow a “one size fits all” approach. Our clients consider us an integral part of their organisation knowing we will always aim to ensure their objectives are achieved. Our employment team advises employers in relation to all aspects of managing their employment and associated relationships, including acting for them in litigation matters before both Courts and Tribunals, including the National Industrial Court.
The team is often called upon to advise Multinational companies with subsidiaries in Nigeria on the impact of share schemes extended to their employees.Related Services:
- Employment Disputes
- Contracts, Policies and Procedures
- Employee Share Plans and Incentives
- Executive Employment contracts
- Employment audits and Compliance
Our market leading Pensions team has assisted clients navigate and respond to the constantly changing pension and employment related landscape in Nigeria.
We have assisted our clients meet the Pension Regulator’s (PenCom) requirements for obtaining both its AIP and the operating license necessary to conduct pension fund administration in Nigeria.We frequently advise on:
- Pension taxation
- Pension agreements
- Pension schemes
- Modalities for the implementation of the Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS) for employees migrating to same.
- Health and Welfare benefits
Omowunmi Sanni leads the firm’s company secretarial and corporate governance Unit. She has over 16 years of legal experience and has gained experience in corporate law, corporate governance, and company secretarial matters before heading the company secretarial and corporate governance department of Chris Ogunbanjo LP.
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (LL.B)
- Nigerian Law School (B.L).
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN)
- Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators (ICMC)