Akinwunmi is Head, Commercial Disputes Resolution group with over 20 years’ substantial expertise in regulatory and commercial litigation, arbitration, and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for a wide range of commercial and governmental clients. He is a graduate of the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife. Akinwunmi has worked in almost all the geo-political zones of Nigeria and his practice experience cuts across different courts and tribunals from Magistrate courts to the Supreme Court.
Akinwunmi is a member of the Board of Directors of the Lagos Chamber of Commerce International Arbitration Centre (LACIAC), as well as a member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK (Nigerian branch). He was appointed a Notary Public in 2009.
Core Practice Areas
Arbitration & Mediation, Commercial Litigation, Trade Union and Labour Matters, Insurance, Immigration.
- Nigerian Law School
- Obafemi Awolowo University
Membership of Professional Bodies
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
- Nigerian Maritime Law Association
- Lagos Chamber of Commerce International Arbitration Centre (LACIAC)
- International Bar Association Newsletter
- Notice Of Public Policy (Committee 12 Newsletter)
- Understanding Regulations for Small and Medium–sized Enterprises
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) (Contributor)